Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Okay, okay, I'm back


So I know that I haven't posted anything in a while--my bad. I can't really say that I've been busy with work or school, because I still have yet to find a job and I'm no longer in school. So...I've just been lazy. We'll just go with that.

Right now I'm just at Coffee Bean at the Americana at Brand in Glendale. I spent about 3 hours here the other day, trying to set up Alicia's site, but was having major issues with the FTP and all that. So I took a little break from that. But, came back to it today and with the help of my genius cousin, Rebekah, I was able to finally get the placeholder up! So, keep checking back and see the genius-ness of Alicia and her interior design skillz, at Hana Hou Interiors.

What have I been doing for the past...month, you may ask? Well, a lot of email composing, a lot of resume and portfolio attaching, and getting pretty much no responses. It's been a little discouraging, but I'm still hopeful. I just need to get some kind of job--whether it be design-related or not. Bahh. Goooood thing I have this degree...that doesn't seem to make a difference.

I am really looking forward to spending Christmas with family in Seattle this year. Although I would love to be going home, this is definitely the next best thing. Cold weather and Christmas just seem to go together perfectly. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for snow. I'm excited about seeing how L.A. does Christmas. I know that there is ice skating down in Santa Monica at 3rd Street and that there is fake-ish snow at The Grove. Outside the window here, they are attaching the Christmas foliage and ornaments on the light poles in this shopping area. It's lovely. Now I just need to get a tree-scented candle.

Another thing to look forward to is my dear Julie's wedding next year. I can't wait. I thought I'd just give her a little shout out, seeing as how her facebook comment really pushed me to post again. Hahaha. But yeah, I can't wait for it! Chad and Julie are pretty much perfect for each other. I still remember when they sat at the date tables freshman year and she said they were "just friends." Yeah right Julie, friends don't sit at date tables. :)

Julie and Me. Good times.

I'm also considering cutting my hair. I know--you're on the edge of your seat, wondering what I'm going to do. Ahaha. I'm finding that I really don't have the patience to grow out my hair like how I was originally wanting to do. This is as far as I've gotten...and I already want to cut it.

Don't worry about me taking this picture when there were multiple people facing me at Coffee Bean...Ahahaha.

This little gem popped up when I googled, "short pixie hairstyles"

Oh! If you're in need of a good song, listen to "City Trucks" by Paper Route. It has a little Christmas-ness in it--enough to get you into the spirit. They are my new favorite band, ever since I saw them at Spaceland a month or so ago. One of the best concerts ever.

Alright, peace out. I promise I won't let another whole month go by before posting again.

2 comments:

  1. Alright, after seeing my favorite picture of us and seeing a current picture (you look beautiful - i love your hair), I have decided that I miss you more than I have since I have said goodbye. I do not like this AT ALL. Really, there are tears in my eyes right now. Ugh... distance sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly enjoyed your pictures in this post :) I also enjoy the fact that we will reunite in Seattle in almost a month! Woo hoo! Oh, I still want to hear more details on that wedding :)

    ReplyDelete