Monday, September 14, 2009

Catch up...or mustard?

New category, L.A. Day. It is now my goal for every weekend to do something quintessential "L.A." ("Wow, that is so L.A."). Not to put too much pressure on this new activity, but I have pretty high hopes.

This past weekend was the kick-off event. Erica and I journeyed to Griffith Park. Andddd it was great. We started at the Observatory. Bonus, it was free. When things are free, it makes them 10 times better. Instant interest. It really was pretty awesome. We went up to the roof, saw the telescope, walked around inside, went downstairs into the "depths" (really, that's what it was called), and sat on the lawn where I ate a Clif bar. Good times. Then we went down to the bottom of the park and spread out a blanket and chilled for a second. It's so tricky to find that shade spot that is just right. Let's call it "partial shade," where light still comes through the leaves, but you're not getting burned by the sun. I fell asleep. And then moved to sit under a different tree. Towards the end we enjoyed the band, Flogging Molly, doing their sound check at the Greek Theater. Regina Spektor is going to be there in October. Sounds like I'll be sleeping under a tree on that day as well...


Zooey D in Yes, Man? Anyone? Anyone?


Great roof

So that was Saturday. On Sunday, we went to the Rose Bowl Flea Market. It's on the second Sunday every month and it. Was. Huge. The antique section was about 3 or 4 times bigger than the actual normal "new" stuff. Ahhhh it was vintage overload but I loved it. I almost bought something every 5 minutes. Dangerous. I don't think I can allow myself to go back until I have a job. Good news is that I found where I am getting my Halloween costume.

Tiny shoes

Best dress of the day. Every time I try to take a sneak shot at any given time, the person always ends up looking at me. I need practice. Watch out.

Ohhh just a little breakfast sandwich I made. Sourdough bread, avacado, egg, and cheese. Mornin', glory.

More news. I got a ticket. A plane ticket. I am spending my first Christmas away from home this year. Sad sad sad face. Instead, I'll be in Seattle, with my Dad's brother and his family. I love Seattle. Maybe I'll move there next... I'm excited to be with my cousins (what's up Rachellllllll?!?!) and auntie and uncle but I'm a little afraid of how I'll feel come Christmas day. This is growing up, right?

More news. I went to the ER. Again. I tried to cut a frozen brussel sprout in half and cut my pointer finger in the process. Erica took me to the ER again and we got to revisit with some friends. The doctor that gave me 3 stitches also gave me a 4-piece set of medical tools as a "souvenir." He told me to make sure to wash with soap and water. Umm...yes. Not sure how many people were stitched up with those tools, but it was quite exciting to get rewarded for my dedication to making dinner.

More news (wow it's really been a while). My momma is coming to visit!!! Yes, yes she is. She will be here in a couple weeks and is going to stay for 4, 5 days? I'm excited!! Especially now knowing that I definitely won't be going home for Christmas. Now my Dad has to plan a trip out here...maybe I can promise going on a tour at Boeing. It'll be fun doing more sightseeing and exploring while she is here. On her list is a couple of fabric stores, Walk of Fame, and the science center. We'll add more...

Tomorrow - picking up two lamps from someone on Craigslist. We will finally have light in the living room. About time.

Snow Patrol is coming to L.A. next month and I want to go. Too bad Erica falls asleep when she hears them. That would be a fun concert.

1 comment:

  1. wow, we had an exciting weekend. hahaha.

    yeah, we need to stop this monthly trip to the ER thing. oh, and you forgot to mention that you broke your mug - but at least there weren't any battle wounds. i think a bowl is next on the list.

    great photos. but, you forgot the jogger. that was your best shot. creeeeeper. you can be a paparazzi and i'll be an extra in random movies. yessss.

    ReplyDelete