Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I'm a pro...crastinator

So here I am at Coffee Bean, working on my portfolio, trying to get through a long list of "helpful tips" from Alicia. I promised myself that I wouldn't leave till I finished the edits and sent it off for more editing.

It's harder than I thought. This Chocolate Chunk muffin is helping. I know that I'll for sure work on it for 10 minutes straight in about 3 minutes when Coffee Bean Wi-Fi kicks me off for my "break" that happens every 2 hours.

...and there was the 10-minute break. During that 10 minutes, I had the "opportunity" to listen to what was going on around me. There is a deep man-to-man conversation going on at the leather chairs. I think I saw some tears. There's a woman sitting at the table in front of me who is skyping with someone talking about court orders, press releases, blogs, and "today being a good day." You can hear so much when you have headphones on but no music playing. Frankly, I'm quite intrigued as to what makes people pour out their emotions so freely here. Must be the coffee.

So, battle wound update. I'm healing nicely, but the stitches are getting kind of...loose. One stitch (?) has already come out, one has untied itself but remains in my finger, and one still fully intact, but I'm not giving that one much longer.

Stitches!!!! And me. Bonus.


1 comment:

  1. You're right about how interesting that people would just pour out their emotions like that.

    ReplyDelete