Thursday, July 16, 2009

New motto


This may need to be my motto for the next couple weeks. Thank you, King George, for your words of wisdom. I'm feeling a little fragile here. Erica is going home on Monday to be with her family for a couple weeks and I will be here. In California. Looking for a job. So I can get an apartment. That's the way it will need to be. Ohhh making the drive to L.A. from Huntington Beach by myself will be interesting. I'll just use that time to be introspective. New category: Soul-searching on the 405/What I learned about myself from sitting in traffic for 2+ hours. That is two full-length albums. At least I'll get to know my music better...or, end up hating everything I have. Another new challenge! Just add it to the list. "Puuuut it on my tab." Dan, from Dan In Real Life? Yes? No?

Erica and I met up with a friend from high school who now lives in Huntington Beach and is a police officer for Long Beach. Rough work, getting punched in the face and dealing with people with guns. Lunch was fun and tasty--we ate at Longboards, a place on Main Street. Then we walked around a little bit and went out on the pier. The US Open of Surfing is on Saturday--sounds like we just got our weekend plans. Just found out that Mat Kearney is playing there next week Saturday--sounds like we just got our next weekend plans.

These are some miniature strawberries that Erica and I got at the Farmer's Market. They weren't bought miniature on purpose. But! They are cute, aren't they? Just ignore the fact that one of them is slightly...riper, than the others...andddd that I zoomed in so close that you can't actually tell that they are smaller than usual. Great.

2 comments:

  1. post the man hands!!!!!!!

    we could have died. in long beach. but we seem to get ourselves in those situations pretty often so what's new?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the mini strawberries. :) And, your blog amuses me. I'm so glad you're posting a lot more...it takes away the depression from not being able to chat with you all day every day while we're at work.

    ReplyDelete